- 250g Karikaas Kwark – reduced fat
- 400g Chicken mince
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions – finely sliced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes diced (1 x 400g tin of whole tomatoes rinsed and diced)
- ½ red onion – finely diced
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli – finely chopped (can vary amount to taste and chilli strength)
- 2 Tbs finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Whizz till finely chopped and well mixed.
Chill for at least 20 mins before cooking.
Using two spoons, form mince into quenelles. Alternatively wet your hands and roll into meatballs, or squash into meat patties.
Using a non-stick pan and a little oil, or deep fryer, gently fry the quenelles/patties/meatballs. (5-10 minutes depending on size)
Gently mix all ingredients together, and leave to marinade at room temperature.
Serve meatballs and salsa with flatbread and a favourite salad.